Custom Search

September 07, 2007

Panch karma

When I was diagnosed with Hepatitis A almost 15 months ago, I had no idea I would still be suffering now. But here I am, still dragging my heels, still tired and stressed out, still coping with, rather than enjoying day to day life.

I went to visit an new Ayurvedic doctor today. She seems excellent and after a simple pulse reading diagnosed me with weak liver, weak uterus, anemia, mental exhaustion and giardia. Giardia is the big news. I know a lot of people who have had giardia, and I have spent a lot time in countries which leave a lot to be desired hygienically, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. But I've been to a lot of doctors too, and no one noticed it till now.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, so I'm going for a panch karma: five actions, think Major Detox. I'll let you know how it goes.