Of course you can eat more iron, but iron is very difficult to digest, and anemia is often caused by weak digestion to begin with, so eating more iron must be balanced with improving the processes of the digestion.
- Dates should be eaten just a few at a time an hour apart from taking any other food
- Sultanas, taken as above, but soaked for Vata
- Cook kichadee with spinach and use cumin seeds, mustard seeds, tumeric and coriander powder to aid digestion
- liver cleansing spices such as aloe, saffron and tumeric for Pitta
- phlegm expelling and circulatory hot spices such as chili, cinnamon and dry ginger for Kapha
- Rich foods such as ghee and sesame taken with tumeric, saffron and coriander for Vata
Also you can try wearing stones such as ruby or garnet (but not for Pitta) and pearl or moonstone (not for Kapha)