Custom Search

January 18, 2008

I'm back..

OK, so sorry about the long break. It's been silly season over this way what with my wedding last week. It was even better than we'd all hoped and I think the last fortnight has been one of the best of my whole life.

What made it so good? Sadhana, crudely translated as "religious activities" is more eloquently described by Maya Tiwari as "wholesome activities practiced in harmony with nature." What I mean is that the wedding and the weeks surrounding it were filled with healthy communal activities.

Everyone of nearly 200 guests made some small (or large) contribution and felt a sense of involvement in the day. I felt an overwhelming sense of having the most amazing family and friends one could ever hope for. We put up marquees, prepared food, borrowed buckets, blenders, trolleys, arranged flowers, raked sand, cleaned toilets... I felt more than ever the generosity and support of our community, as well the unique and new combination of my community with D's community.

What a joyful occasion to be a part of and I thank every guest, and especially my family, for making it all happen and getting in the spirit of joyful service together.

So, I'm back, and still all about the wedding. I have a new camera (wedding gift) so I can now begin posting some more original photo's. And first of all I'll post some of the recipes from the wedding day. I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

No comments: