I just thought I would share with you our wedding menu, nearly entirely cooked by family and friends on the morning of the wedding. I'm still impressed by them all, especially considering we had nearly 200 guests.
- Samosa and murukku (made by a friend)
- Mung dahl (what else?) with potatoes (made by the groom)
- Green bean thoren (made by a friend)
- Gajar Subji (made by me)
- Basmati rice (made by many rice cookers borrowed from friends and nieghbours)
- Pappadums (fried by the grooms oldest mates)
- Cardamom and Saffron Butter Cake (made by my sister and mother)
- Baklava (made by my best oldest friend and her mother)
- Turkish delight (made in a shop!)
Cooking for our own wedding was a part of the big day which I would never forego. Having all the woman over at my house grating carrots and peeling potatoes was a great sadhana, and gave the wedding such a timeless, community feel. Sigh, it makes me happy just to think of it.