Custom Search

December 20, 2007

Those anything muffins again

I've been baking a lot of those anything muffins lately. Most days I alternate between cooking chapati when I have time, or muffins when I don't. So I thought I'd post my latest favourite variations to the recipe...

Anything Muffins

2 cups atta flour
2 tsp baking powder
2-4 Tbsp ghee
1- 1.5 cups of water
salt

Mix dry ingredients, add ghee and water, and stir only very briefly. Pour into greased muffin tins and bake at 200'C for 15 mins. Serves two healthy appetites with a main meal.

Multigrain Muffins
Add a handful of sunflower seeds, a tsp of caroway and a few tsp of cumin seeds to the dry mixture.

Breakfast Muffins
Add a handful each of coconut and oats, and a few shelled (but not ground) cardamom pods to the dry mixture and a tsp of treacle along with the ghee.

No comments: